Phone: (540) 460-9410
Address: PO Box 556, Lexington, VA 24450
The Care-Box Project is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), and receives no public funds - federal, state or local. Much of our operating expenses are covered through the generous support of individuals and organizations who believe in our service members and appreciate their service and sacrifices. Because we are a non-profit organization, all donations are tax-deductible as allowed by the IRS.
Help show our service members and their families that you care. Consider getting involved with the Care-Box Project. How can you help?
• Monetary contributions are always welcome, but you can also donate in-kind services, supplies or items for the care boxes. Recommended items for care boxes include: Powdered drink mixes, beef jerky, sunscreen, medicated foot powder, chapstick, hand warmers, writing material, cards, chips in canisters, chewing gum, nuts, cookies, candy, microwave popcorn, crackers, and notes of appreciation and encouragement.
• Assist the Board of Directors in planning and carrying out fundraising events.
• Families, clubs, churches, businesses and individuals can participate in our "Adopt-a-Local Service Member" program. You will be given pictures, contact information, recommended care-box composition, detailed shipping instructions, and a truly rewarding experience.
• Volunteer to help shop, collect items for boxes, pack boxes, and tell others about our efforts.
• Share any special talents you may have in areas such as journalism, event planning or any other skill you think might help us help our troops and their families.
Copyright © 2022 Care Box Project - All Rights Reserved.